Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cowabunga!

I suck at dating.

Not in the sense that I don't know how to get a date, or what to do on a date.

No, in the sense that less than two weeks after starting this blog committed to my fabulous life as a singleton, I find myself being pursued by no less than four suitors.

So perhaps I suck at NOT dating.

Now, this is not necessarily a terrible thing. In fact, it's quite the ego boost (as though I needed one! *evil laugh*). But it's also very time-consuming to juggle four people at once.

So to help me remember each of them as individuals, I am going to compare them to cartoon characters. In my view, this is not demeaning. Why? Because I chose AWESOME cartoon characters - the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!! (I must have driven my mom crazy as a kid choosing to collect these instead of Barbies. It was probably a good first sign...lol).

Anyway, here is the summary of my current love life:


Donatello: I have just started corresponding with Donatello, and I can already tell that Donnie is a smart one with perfect grammar. However, this nature-loving turtle made a grave error in trying to get me tell my whole life story without providing me with any incentive to. Anyone who knows me well knows I suck at talking seriously about myself :P.

Raphael: I have known Raph the longest, and he fits the character with a bit of a 'bad boy' attitude. However, texts about the weather, and frequent misspelling of my name, do not leave the most favourable impression...

Michelangelo: I have been out with Mikey once and it was tons of fun. Full of good humor and jokes and beer. There could be potential here...but for some reason I'm not feeling too compelled to go out a second time.

Leonardo: Leo is a total gentleman who makes me laugh. Like any good leader, Leo is successful at work and has big ambitions. But, and perhaps this is a huge indication of how commitment-phobic I am, I feel myself growing more distant every time Leo calls me babe, honey, or dear, or says "miss you". Or maybe it's because we've only been out twice?

Man, that was hard work summarizing everyone. Time for some pizza, dudes!

4 comments:

  1. Gosh! You should just stop being so gosh darned attractive :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, it's not me! It's living in Vancouver :P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! So...does the juggling continue or are some(all??) of the turtles getting the axe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like I need to move to Vancouver ;)

    ReplyDelete