Sunday, November 13, 2011

Goals and More Goals

So today I was reading about how to put together a life plan. That's right, a life plan. A written plan to help me focus on the things I desire most in life.

Yeah anyway, that lasted about 10 minutes before I got bored and moved onto other more important things, such as lurking on imdb.com message boards and reading restaurant reviews of places that I've already been to...

(Also, for those of you already bored with my post and want a distraction of your own, check out how the Happy Endings crew deals with vision boards. That's right, vision boards: http://www.megavideo.com/?v=CE0AERFI)

Anyway, although I didn't exactly life-plan or vision-board today, I did reflect on some of the things that I want to work on over the next while. And those things include:

1) Learning to play electric guitar

Not just any guitar. Electric guitar.

2) Improving my fitness

I've been working with a personal trainer since about mid-July of this year and think that I'm probably in the best shape of my life right now, or at least the best shape of my adult life. But I still have a long ways to go. Although I'm getting into better shape overall, (and even have an ab-like region in my stomach area!), my weight is still higher than I would prefer. So I'm aiming to drop 8-10 lbs over the next six months and tone up further.

3) Practicing French

I've been frustrated lately with only being fluent in one language (my attempts at conversing in Cantonese don't really count), so I want to start immersing myself in another language. I've chosen French because I think it would be practical to know the second official language of our country. And also because I came across this amazing inspirational video today:


Seriously, I think this video could inspire almost anyone to want to learn French ;).

I have some other goals and plans in mind, but that's it for now. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I love this writing style of yours. Very fun!

    Thank you for not setting a ridiculous weight loss goal! Perhaps some home-cooking can help you on that path?

    And ha ha, I found that Bradley Cooper video a few months ago. Swooooooon. :D

    Can't wait to hear about your progress as time goes on! GOOD LUCK! YOU CAN DO IT! :D

    - AN

    ReplyDelete